Friday 1 January 2010

NEW YEAR'S EVE

My New Year's Eve didn't go quite according to plan! We were all invited to one of those parties where everyone takes their kids and it's a case of last man standing put the children to bed. One of the downsides of having a strong bedtime routine is that my younger two are not good with any change and don't adapt well. This, coupled with over a week of being up at 5.30 and over-giddy during the day, meant that they were begging for their beds at 7.30. Ah well.

And then, by an unhappy mixture of poor communication and alcohol, I was not in the same place as my husband or elder children as the clock chimed twelve and saw in the new decade. So I was on my own.

Anyway, I don't suppose it will make much difference to my decade that it wasn't started, in time honoured fashion, with my nearest and dearest. After all, last year I was asleep at midnight and was woken only by the fireworks that went off as the new year came in.

I am looking forward to the new year. As you will know by now, I love the start of things. We are about to go for our New Year's Day ramble up a nearby hump which Clark family legend has as an enchanted mountain. When I get to the snow-capped top, I can look down over the valley and start to make plans. Absolutley my favourite thing. Happy New Year to you all.

No comments: